Tips on getting cheap car insurance
Expert Tips to get Cheap Car Insurance
You will need to play it smart if you want to get cheap car insurance. Here are some expert tips to help you out:
- A number of companies offer considerable discounts to people who have taken defensive driving courses, which teach drivers to be safer and thus a lower risk liability for the insurance provider. In order to see if you’re eligible, check with your insurance company, local insurance commissioner or by checking our online insurance quote generator.
- A smart way of getting a cheap car discount is to combine your auto insurance with your home or renter’s policy. Most companies will offer you a pretty good discount (sometimes up to 20 percent) if you carry multiple policies with them.
- Another great way of lowering your insurance premiums is to keep a clean credit record. It’s a fact that a lot of insurance companies routinely check your credit history and base your premiums on what they find. So make sure that you check to see that your credit is in good shape. If it’s not, you should probably look for companies that don’t conduct credit checks.
- If you’re not planning to use your car for a while, you should call your insurance company and tell them your plans. Since the car will be resting peacefully in your garage, it won’t need the additional collision coverage.
- Check your mileage closely to see if you’re getting close to the ”miles to work” break off. Most car insurance companies will want to know how many miles you usually drive in a day. This crucial question will place you into a particular category. Each category carries different rates, and if you don’t drive much you will be eligible for a significant cut on your insurance premium.
- Getting cheap car insurance becomes easy if you are affiliated with certain organizations like college sororities, credit unions or professional organizations. Call you insurance agent and ask him to provide you with a list of organizations affiliated with their company.